Forums: Community: Campground:
Gumby of the Year Award
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 Next page Last page  View All

Partner calamity_chk

Feb 21, 2004, 12:04 AM
Post #151 of 414 (16985 views)
Shortcut

Re: Gumby of the Year Award [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I wore my helmet when I went to see Vertical Limit... does that count? Everyone at the theatre kept touching my rack. It was nice. :)

soze - you've already been nominated. and wearing your helmet to the movies makes you a dork, not a gumby. :p

hehehe

tucsonalex

Feb 21, 2004, 12:07 AM
Post #152 of 414 (16985 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
shall I continue to keep proving your gumbiness or are we finished here? :wink:

Are you trying to set a record for most pointless posts in one day?

In reply to:
so this is just a generic crash pad thread, right? I got mine muddy today then when I fell asleep on it, the mud got on my back.

In reply to:
I saw it awhile ago stoned off my ass and I remember it being aight.

In reply to:
My personal experience with the grape seed extract has been that bathing in a tubful of it everynight does the trick.

climbsomething

Feb 21, 2004, 12:11 AM
Post #153 of 414 (16985 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
Who's the gumby now?

I thought I already clarified that for you. :roll:

Weak, just another variation on "I know you are but what am I?".
I know you are but what am I?

andy_reagan

Feb 21, 2004, 12:29 AM
Post #154 of 414 (16985 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
shall I continue to keep proving your gumbiness or are we finished here? :wink:

Are you trying to set a record for most pointless posts in one day?

In reply to:
so this is just a generic crash pad thread, right? I got mine muddy today then when I fell asleep on it, the mud got on my back.

In reply to:
I saw it awhile ago stoned off my ass and I remember it being aight.

In reply to:
My personal experience with the grape seed extract has been that bathing in a tubful of it everynight does the trick.

you bashing my stylee??? :shock: Punk.

curt

Feb 21, 2004, 4:21 AM
Post #155 of 414 (16985 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I can see that the competition for this coveted award (GOTY) is fierce, but I would be doing a disservice to taalon by not nominating him for his participation in this wonderful thread:

http://www.rockclimbing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=52411

Curt

jt512

Feb 21, 2004, 4:27 AM
Post #156 of 414 (16985 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I can see that the competition for this coveted award (GOTY) is fierce, but I would be doing a disservice to taalon by not nominating him for his participation in this wonderful thread:

Curt

Yep. He's definitely in the running.

It's only mid-February. The judges are going to have their work cut out for them by the end of the year. It would behoove promising gumbies to start thinking tactically, and perhaps saving their best material for the end of the year, so it will be fresh in the judges' minds as the voting approaches.

-Jay

moabbeth

Feb 21, 2004, 4:47 AM
Post #157 of 414 (16985 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Curt

:lol: :lol: :lol:

But when he used something he saw in Cliffhanger as one of the only good examples of a dyno...then continued to defend it to you, priceless. That makes the thread up for multiple awards!!

curt

Feb 21, 2004, 5:20 AM
Post #158 of 414 (16985 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hence my nomination. The guy certainly deserves some recognition for his ineptitude.

Curt

dirtineye

Feb 21, 2004, 5:58 AM
Post #159 of 414 (16985 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

While the Taalon thread was good entertainment, I think to be gumby of the year you should have a body of work, certainly consisting of more than one thread.

moabbeth

Feb 21, 2004, 6:10 AM
Post #160 of 414 (16985 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
While the Taalon thread was good entertainment, I think to be gumby of the year you should have a body of work, certainly consisting of more than one thread.

There should be a "gumby thread of the week" at this point. Or a monthly winner from a list of the best 5 gumby threads of the month. One year is gonna provide waaaaaaaay too much to keep up with.

curt

Feb 21, 2004, 6:34 AM
Post #161 of 414 (16985 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

OK, this is an interesting point and your comment should be taken into consideration by the GOTY judges. However, in consideration for the Academy Awards (for example) if a motion picture studio produces two really good movies in a given year, it is still each individual work that is nominated. :lol:

Curt

dirtineye

Feb 21, 2004, 3:07 PM
Post #162 of 414 (16985 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

OK, this is an interesting point and your comment should be taken into consideration by the GOTY judges. However, in consideration for the Academy Awards (for example) if a motion picture studio produces two really good movies in a given year, it is still each individual work that is nominated. :lol:

Curt

You are correct sir, however, we should not model the elite Gumby Awards after the pedestrian oscars. Take note of the fact that many truly great actors with many great performances have not won an oscar at all, while some upstart with one film may have one. This is not the path down which the Gumby Awards should travel in that hand basket to Heck.

crazygirl

Feb 23, 2004, 4:45 PM
Post #163 of 414 (16985 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Curt

i love this thread. at least the first 2 pages of it, after that it just went downhill. i might have to remove Curt from my killfile list for such a good nomination.

jt512

Feb 23, 2004, 5:05 PM
Post #164 of 414 (16985 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The complexities of the GoTYs -- nominations for multiple categories, the need for sub-categories, and the sheer volume of nominations -- are staggering. We're going to need a full-on relational database to manage this thing.

-Jay

crazygirl

Feb 23, 2004, 5:10 PM
Post #165 of 414 (16985 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Can we create a poll?

jt512

Feb 23, 2004, 5:25 PM
Post #166 of 414 (16985 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Another fine post from pipsqueekspire

piton

Feb 23, 2004, 5:29 PM
Post #167 of 414 (16985 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i wear my helmet while swimming. i'm not a strong swimmer :)

and i wear my life jacket while climbing and those blow up things on my arms.

edge

Feb 23, 2004, 5:31 PM
Post #168 of 414 (16985 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm really tempted to take him (her? it??) up on the offer for a follow up answer via pm. That would be rich.

And I officially nominate myself for gumby of the year for driving 10 hours round trip to NYC for a comp that I didn't even compete in.

jt512

Feb 23, 2004, 5:39 PM
Post #169 of 414 (16985 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
And I officially nominate myself for gumby of the year for driving 10 hours round trip to NYC for a comp that I didn't even compete in.

You're in good company, then. A couple years ago, Sharma drove down to our gym from NorCal, arriving just after the comp ended. However, that didn't stop him from onsighting all the finals problems just for fun.

-Jay

curt

Feb 23, 2004, 5:56 PM
Post #170 of 414 (16985 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

OK then, along those lines, taalon also posted this gem in the Climbing History & Trivia thread.
In reply to:
But along with that and it is sad to see one person was missed may his soul rest in peace.

Quote:
Wolfgang Gulich,

he helped to develep along with Royal Robins many of the ideas for equipment we all use today including our shoes and ropes binners ect.. They climbed when Hemp was all they had. My hats off to them all for their daring and trying. All tho it did lead to Wolfgangs Death from what i read. If only he had todays equipment back then.
Wolfie, a contemporary of Robbins--and climbing on hemp ropes no less. I laughed for 10 minutes. Can you even count the number of errors in this one post? Hilarious. :lol:

Curt

jt512

Feb 23, 2004, 7:16 PM
Post #171 of 414 (16985 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Nomination for Frolic in a new category - It Couldn't Possibly Be My Fault Category - for this post, in which he explains that if your belayer outweighs you, if he doesn't give you slack, you'll flip over backwards when you fall.

-Jay

climbsomething

Feb 23, 2004, 8:00 PM
Post #172 of 414 (16985 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

OK then, along those lines, taalon also posted this gem in the Climbing History & Trivia thread.
In reply to:
But along with that and it is sad to see one person was missed may his soul rest in peace.

Quote:
Wolfgang Gulich,

he helped to develep along with Royal Robins many of the ideas for equipment we all use today including our shoes and ropes binners ect.. They climbed when Hemp was all they had. My hats off to them all for their daring and trying. All tho it did lead to Wolfgangs Death from what i read. If only he had todays equipment back then.
Wolfie, a contemporary of Robbins--and climbing on hemp ropes no less. I laughed for 10 minutes. Can you even count the number of errors in this one post? Hilarious. :lol:

Curt
heheheheheheheheheheheheheh. I don't think I laughed for 10 minutes, but that's a lot of "hehe"'s I just typed.

5.14 was climbed on hemp? And what did the rope have to do with the car accident?

There's this kickass sound file of Cartman cackling and gasping "that is soooooooo lame." I must find it...

climbersoze

Feb 23, 2004, 8:08 PM
Post #173 of 414 (16985 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

AHAHAHAHAHAH Hillary... I am looking for it now!!!!!

edit... OK I found the episode... its from Season 1 - Tom's Rhinoplasty... here is the script... but I am still trying ot find a soundbite.... LOL

http://www.spschat.com/...outhparkpdfs/111.pdf

climbersoze

Feb 23, 2004, 8:23 PM
Post #174 of 414 (16985 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I found it, Hillary... I am laughing my ass off right now!!!!

http://www.moviewavs.com/...11_cartmanlaugh1.wav

climbsomething

Feb 23, 2004, 8:35 PM
Post #175 of 414 (16985 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I found it, Hillary... I am laughing my ass off right now!!!!

http://www.moviewavs.com/...11_cartmanlaugh1.wav
dyingdyingdying!

That sound needs to be linked to every deserving thread. Might even be better than my Gumby climbing photos! :lol:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook