RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - MidWest

Premier Sponsor:

caspian

Apr 6, 2004, 9:16 PM
Post #1 of 7 (1783 views)
Shortcut

Looking for a parnter around Chicago
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Private Reply | Can't Post

I am easy going and looking to get climbing outside as much as possible.

I have a flexible schedule(not limited to weekend trips) and keep my gear packed and ready for last minute trips...what better quality to have in a climbing partner.

I enjoy all facets of climbing(trad, sport, bouldering) as long as it is on real rock...a rarety around chicago so you may find me in the gym between trips.

I also double as a great travel buddy and love to split gas money. Unfortunatly, a car is one of the only pieces of gear I dont have.

willing to travel as far as anyone is willing to drive. My climbing home the last few years has been the red river gorge kentucky.

Feel free to PM me if you need the perfect climbing partner or have anyquestions.

munderwo

Apr 7, 2004, 12:39 AM
Post #2 of 7 (1783 views)
Shortcut

Re: Looking for a parnter around Chicago [In reply to]
Report this Post

I don't get back to Chicago until may 10, but I am anxious to get out some rock. I live up in the N'West suburbs and have been stuck in the gym too long (I go to school in Western IL. Ugh.) I have never trad climbed but I have led sport. I am not a noob, but I am not altogether intermediate. I am willing to drive too.

caspian

Apr 8, 2004, 2:26 AM
Post #3 of 7 (1783 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
I don't get back to Chicago until may 10, but I am anxious to get out some rock. I live up in the N'West suburbs and have been stuck in the gym too long (I go to school in Western IL. Ugh.) I have never trad climbed but I have led sport. I am not a noob, but I am not altogether intermediate. I am willing to drive too.

Just let me know when you get in and we'll hit some rock up.

wildtrail

Apr 10, 2004, 6:06 AM
Post #4 of 7 (1783 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I can keep you updated on anything that is going on at Devil's Lake here in Wisconsin. You could always come up on the train to Milwaukee for weekend long trips and ride with me from there.

Steve

caspian

Apr 11, 2004, 12:51 AM
Post #5 of 7 (1783 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
I can keep you updated on anything that is going on at Devil's Lake here in Wisconsin. You could always come up on the train to Milwaukee for weekend long trips and ride with me from there.

Steve

Thanks for the offer Steve...I am going to look into that train idea. What time do you usually take off of the lake?

wildtrail

Apr 11, 2004, 1:10 AM
Post #6 of 7 (1783 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Well, we usually leave here between 4 and 6 AM. Reason being, it takes two hours to get there, so if we leave at 4am, we get there at park opening (6am) and are able to get onto desired routes before the rush around 10am.

If we were to do that, you could come up the night before and crash here. We have an extra place for company to stay.

I'll keep you posted. Weekend trips should be starting soon. Usually around Memorial Day as there is better chance for warmer weather.

All summer, though.

Steve

colas

May 26, 2005, 12:54 PM
Post #7 of 7 (1783 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Hi

I'll be in Chicago for the next 3 months and I'd like to find people and places to climb, indoor or outdoor. It seems that there aren't many outdoor sites near Chicago :( (I'm now in Grenoble, in the French Alpes...). Can I have some information about climbing in or around Chicago (I'm afraid they won't let me take my car in the plane, so why not carpooling?)?

Bye,
Colas

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - MidWest

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook