Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

ironhawk

Jul 16, 2004, 8:30 PM
Post #76 of 123 (24911 views)
Shortcut

Re: Best Stoner Climber of All Time [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
This brings up a question I've had for awhile:

Why don't all you potheads take steroids? I mean, if I was like you, and I didn't mind treating my body like a toxic waste dump, I'd hit the Juice. If you're willing to alter your experience with chemicals, why not go all the way?

You say you've had this question for awhile? What took you so long to ask it? & would you like some Doritos?

Doritos would ruins his eating experience only rice, beans and water for this purest!

LOL

climbin_high

Jul 16, 2004, 8:36 PM
Post #77 of 123 (24911 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Why don't all you potheads take steroids? I mean, if I was like you, and I didn't mind treating my body like a toxic waste dump, I'd hit the Juice. If you're willing to alter your experience with chemicals, why not go all the way?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it's because we don't want our dicks to get small (or grow a dick if you're a chick.) Marijuana is not a 'drug', it's an herb man. Just like oregeno or thyme. Like was previously stated, 20th century propoganda and conservative stick-in-the-muds have tried every method possible to hide the truths of cannabis. Ah, the world we live in when PLANTS are illegal. Did the Gods make a mistake?

bouldereldo

Jul 16, 2004, 8:38 PM
Post #78 of 123 (24911 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

This is exactly what I mean about propaganda! It's sad to see someone so under/malinformed. I'm afraid you are in the minority here my freind. Turn off your tv and read a book. Tool :roll: .

rockprodigy

Jul 16, 2004, 9:05 PM
Post #79 of 123 (24911 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Whoa!

Take another bong rip and mellow out... I'm not criticizing you, I'm just asking a legitimate question.

I honestly don't understand the reasoning.

So far, I'm getting out of this, that you avoid the roids because you are afraid of genital disfigurement?

If that is the case, then is it safe to assume that you value sexual faculties over mental faculties?

I have many friends who smoke the reefer, and they are all forgetful and, sometimes they are just plain stupid. However, I don't have any evidence that pot caused this condition, I have just noticed a correlation. Therefore, it could be possible that they were forgetful before they started smoking, and for some reason forgetful people are more inclined to smoke.

How do you define a drug? I'm not sure myself. It seems like if you have to light something on fire, then inhale the fumes, that is not a "natural" form of sustinence, but you could probably make the same argument for any food that is cooked.

grayzed

Jul 16, 2004, 9:05 PM
Post #80 of 123 (24911 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I bet Aleister Crowley climbed while high on every drug thats how he levitated up the first 5.10 ever!

grayzed

Jul 16, 2004, 9:07 PM
Post #81 of 123 (24911 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes Aleister Crowly is well the most psycho climber ever and probably the most fuked up! 666

know what I mean :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: 66666666666666666666666

grayzed

Jul 16, 2004, 9:10 PM
Post #82 of 123 (24911 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wow I wrote that on page 6 of 6 know thats scary! :(

bouldereldo

Jul 16, 2004, 9:19 PM
Post #83 of 123 (24911 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh great, now we're all going to hell and it's all your fault :twisted:
And since Rockprodigy is involved he is too! Nice going grayzed!

climbin_high

Jul 16, 2004, 9:59 PM
Post #84 of 123 (24911 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Tool the band...absolutely fantastic.

Rockprodigy the tool... 8=D (_o_)

How's that for a correlation?

gambler

Jul 16, 2004, 11:37 PM
Post #85 of 123 (24911 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow man kewl topic.....I was gonna reply but I spaced out again,what were we talkin about anyway?

stevep

Jul 23, 2004, 7:50 PM
Post #86 of 123 (24911 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

[quote="climbin_high
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it's because we don't want our dicks to get small (or grow a dick if you're a chick.) Marijuana is not a 'drug', it's an herb man. Just like oregeno or thyme. Like was previously stated, 20th century propoganda and conservative stick-in-the-muds have tried every method possible to hide the truths of cannabis. Ah, the world we live in when PLANTS are illegal. Did the Gods make a mistake?
While I get stoned every once in a while, and I'm generally in favor of de-criminalizing pot, this post is hippie crap.
Cannibis may be a plant, but THC is a pyscho-active chemical. This means that smoking pot meets the general definition of taking a drug. Just because a substance is natural, doesn't mean it's not a drug. Botulin toxin is natural but will kill you just as well as artificially produced cyanide. And there are certainly natural hallucinogens that are as potent as PCP and LSD (some with equally bad side effects).
It's reasonable to argue that pot doesn't deserve it's reputation and the law enforcement attention it gets. But trying to argue that it's not a drug because its a plant is stupid and only makes people who are pro-marijuana look as if they've burned up their brain cells.
As far as the best stoned climber, well, that's a long list, about as long the list of best stoned surfers.

climbin_high

Jul 23, 2004, 8:14 PM
Post #87 of 123 (24911 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Whoa whoa whoa there stevep(enis). I always enjoy a hearty chuckle when folks stereotype some of my pro-marijuana views as 'hippie crap' especially since I don't own a single String Cheese Incident or moe. CD. Man I really don't have anything else philosophically to say other than to reiterate that you are a penis. 8===D

holmeslovesguinness

Jul 23, 2004, 8:16 PM
Post #88 of 123 (24911 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh Jeezuth... here we go again. To toke or not to toke. This has to be in the top 10 favorite useless things to debate on rc.com. Yes, ideally we should all be pure of mind and body, veritable icons of clean living. But then again, how boring would that be?

Rockprodigy - do you really equate smoking dope with taking steroids, or are you (successfully) trying to get a rise out of all the stoners? If I really wanted to treat my body like a toxic waste dump I'd spend more time eating fast food :wink:

pcrewfan

Jul 23, 2004, 8:26 PM
Post #89 of 123 (24911 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hate to sound like a mom, but smoking/drinking while your climbing is about the dumbest thing anyone can do. I won't climb with anyone who has been doing either...no matter how well they climb. What is done after the day is over and we're just hangin' out around the fire is one thing (good lord knows I'll be trashed); but when I'm climbing it's a completely different story. That's it, I'm certain many other people have said the same thing, and there is no sense in beating a dead horse...although it might be fun.

stevep

Jul 23, 2004, 8:35 PM
Post #90 of 123 (24911 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Climbing_high, as I said, I'm pro-marijuana as well. And maybe "hippie crap" was unfair, though you didn't also deny having Phish CDs.
But my point stands. You're being dumb if you think marijuana isn't a drug, and spouting on about plants and God does a disservice to serious pro-marijuana arguments (such as that it is an effective drug for controlling pain and nausea in cancer patients).

veep23

Jul 23, 2004, 9:41 PM
Post #91 of 123 (24911 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

u guys are nuts! it is CLIMBING for god's sake. Uhhhmmm. dangerous.

climbin_high

Jul 23, 2004, 10:18 PM
Post #92 of 123 (24911 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Now we're talking Mr. Steve. I too agree that THC is an opiate and thusly should be considered a drug-type substance. As far as in association with climbing I have observed the major portion of chiefer/climbers are boulderers. Now I personally know sport climbers who will puff before a send but not that many. My personal theory is that much more work goes into any type of roped climbing, such as the duration and of course belaying. With the bouldering crowd, the minimal risk of injury and short problem (attention) span make for a better suited match for blazin' on a sunny afternoon. And like Forrest said, that's all I gotta say about that.

squeakyclimber

Jul 23, 2004, 10:18 PM
Post #93 of 123 (24911 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The best way to do the drugs and climbing thing is to take the drugs, look for climbs that seem fun as they are changing colors and size. Then come back latter and climb it, all the while thinking how much easier the climb is if its not moving around on ya.

-Peace

rockprodigy

Jul 26, 2004, 2:34 PM
Post #94 of 123 (24911 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Rockprodigy - do you really equate smoking dope with taking steroids, or are you (successfully) trying to get a rise out of all the stoners? If I really wanted to treat my body like a toxic waste dump I'd spend more time eating fast food

I don't think I would use the word "equate". I don't know much about either DRUG, that's why I am curious about you guys making a distinction. I consider myself to be a student of human nature.

It seems to me that all drugs have their side effects, so I guess it's a matter of "picking your poison". I'm guessing you guys don't consciously decide that sex drive is more important than brain function. I'm guessing you probably don't think about it at all, that's why I posed the question.

I'm surprised nobody has brought up the argument that marijuana is not performance enhancing. From what I have learned talking to people, it seems that for most people, its effects are detrimental to climbing, generally making people more scared, and less willing to "go for it". However, I know for some people, it can be very beneficial, because it creates the opposite effect, removing all inhibition, relaxing the climber and allowing for extremely bold ascents, ascents that would be very hard for a sober climber to duplicate.

Another argument I haven't heard yet, is that (as far as we know) pot isn't deadly. You can't really OD on it, like alcohol or other "drugs". So you could make the argument that smoking pot is "safer" than steroids. However, if you're going to climb stoned (and there are plenty who do), I think you can throw that argument out.

Oh yeah, Fast Food is bad for you too...Just say no to McD's.

dingus

Jul 27, 2004, 5:14 PM
Post #95 of 123 (24911 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I'm surprised nobody has brought up the argument that marijuana is not performance enhancing.

What difference does it make? People don't blaze to enhance their climbing performance anyway. They do it to alter their mental state. Simple as that.

I sometimes alter my mental state by having dinner at Ruth's Chris. Now that slab of meat IS NOT going to enhance my climbing performance yet I persist in occasionally eating there. I do it not because it is particularly good for me. I do it because it brings me enjoyment and because I feel like it.

I don't need to offer up lame excuses or defend my steak eating behavior. I acknowledge that some people are literally sickened by the thought of a meat dinner and would be appalled to hear my justifications for it. "How is that going to enhance your climbing?" Here's a news flash, I don't live my life in full simply to enhance my climbing performance.

Many folks try to correlate climbing and pot smoking, positively, negatively, what have you. What most of you don't seem to understand is THERE IS NO CORRELATION AT ALL. Whether it enhances or detracts is really not the point and using such logic to argue against the behavior isn't going to sway anyone.

Steroids on the other hand (I'm speaking out of school here as I don't do roids), don't give you a buzz, they seem to make you aggressive and perhaps angry and I hear tell prolonged usage causes heart attacks and what not. Yeah... a heart attack will do wonders for my climbing!

Cheers
DMT

joe

Jul 27, 2004, 5:43 PM
Post #96 of 123 (24911 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i think climbers who take ibuprofen are weak minded losers.

go ahead, take your advil instead of coping with reality. i'll just be up here on my straight edge high horse, sending hard routes with a clear mind, free from the ache-reducing haze you ibuprofen freaks walk around in.

no way am i letting some ibuprofen-eating junkie belay me.

noshoesnoshirt

Jul 27, 2004, 5:50 PM
Post #97 of 123 (24911 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
...I too agree that THC is an opiate...

que?

aayla

Jul 27, 2004, 6:33 PM
Post #98 of 123 (24911 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ihave friends who have climbed very hard stoned and on mushrooms, and who have onsighted hard boulder problems on methamphetamines.

I do have a question though--people say some/most drugs don't have negative effects on your health overall, but have you ever seen a long time drug user that looked healthy?

Pot may be the exception to this, but I have seen alot of folks I used to know looking not so good in the last few years due in large part to their drug habits. Also, every been to Berkeley? do you really think all those street people were born crazy?

climbin_high

Jul 27, 2004, 7:15 PM
Post #99 of 123 (24911 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
...I too agree that THC is an opiate...

que?

Remember the first time you chiefed? I do. Twas' a blunt in my buddies bedroom while watching Jimi Hendrix Live at the Monterrey... What stands out in my mind was how STONED that I was. Good God I couldn't move at all and just sat there and wached James light his Strat on fire. Now though my body has developed a tolerance and no matter how much funk is smoked I could never reach that initial euphoric experience. Opiate is defined as a drug, hormone, or other chemical substance having sedative or narcotic effects similar to those containing opium. If you are a NOOB and toke it up, let me tell you that you can expect some freakin' extreme sedation! :D Anyway, go to the woods sometime and have yourself a puff. You can climb if you want but first just sit outside and listen to all of the natural sounds around you. I can guarantee that you will be at the upmost peak of inner peace. Be careful and HAVE FUN.

elvislegs

Aug 6, 2004, 10:48 PM
Post #100 of 123 (24911 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
i think climbers who take ibuprofen are weak minded losers.

go ahead, take your advil instead of coping with reality. i'll just be up here on my straight edge high horse, sending hard routes with a clear mind, free from the ache-reducing haze you ibuprofen freaks walk around in.

no way am i letting some ibuprofen-eating junkie belay me.

bahaha.

OWNED.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Climbing History & Trivia

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook