Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
HP-40 or Vicinity 01/16/05????
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

ericfrommichigan

Jan 15, 2005, 8:04 PM
Post #1 of 3 (2321 views)
Shortcut

HP-40 or Vicinity 01/16/05????  (North_America: United_States: Alabama: Northern: Horse_Pens_40)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am currently in Anniston/Oxford area on business. I went to Cheaha last Sunday and was wanting to go to HP-40 or another area tomorrow. Didn't bring my ropes or anchor/trad gear, only shoes, harness, belay devices and chalk. Not a great climber, but love to climb. 5.8-5.10 red point depending on the route, and V0-V2 again depending on the route, and what kind of day I am having.

Just wondering if anyone is heading out tomorrow, and wouldn't mind a tag along. If so message back and we can go from there.

keinangst

Jan 16, 2005, 1:04 AM
Post #2 of 3 (2321 views)
Shortcut

Re: HP-40 or Vicinity 01/16/05???? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I won't be there tomorrow, but I'd highly recommend you go, even if it's by yourself. There are usually plenty of folks out there willing to share beta and spots. The easier stuff if pretty obvious and easy to pick out.

(btw, I hope you didn't use Cheaha as a gauge of the climbing here. It's mediocre, slick quartzite and granite, nothing like the beautiful sandstone you'll find further north. Nonetheless, nice views and all that.)

ericfrommichigan

Jan 16, 2005, 1:54 AM
Post #3 of 3 (2321 views)
Shortcut

Re: HP-40 or Vicinity 01/16/05???? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for the thoughts. Yeah I am planning on going tomorrow regardless, even if I just rent a pad and explore on my own. I have the DR. TOPO topo, and I actually stopped in there on the way back to Anniston from Birmingham from a business meeting (slight detour). Even though I was in business attire, couldn't help at least making a few moves. Anyway, I don't compare the two, Cheaha was just nice and close, and sorta fun in it's own right. Thanks again.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook