Average Rating : 4.50 out of 5
Route sequence (left to right): 40
Route Summary | Ascent Notes (2)
David Fisher, Marnie Gilmour, Alan Bruce-Robertson, Kay McCormick, George and Mary Clarke and Sarka Spinkova - October 1956.
Start: about 120m north of the easy way down, at the bottom of a major ramp. The climb generally stays near the outside edge of the ramp.
1. 10m Scramble up to a rock spire on the left-hand edge of the slab.
2. 40m Climbing near or on the outside edge, move up to a wide ledge with a good belay. (With a 55m+ rope, pitches 1&2 (and 3&3) can be combined.
3. 28m Go more or less straight up.
4. 25m Climb up 3m and move right accross a slab to an obvious crack. Climb up the crack to the pine tree, which turns to be a cedar (very old - don't touch). Variations are possible.
5. 15m Scramble to the top. Belay using bolt (2001) plus gear.
Hike to easy way down, then down climb the ravine.
Submitted by: dagibbs on 2009-09-20
Route ID: 101720