Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

sungam

May 9, 2012, 11:33 AM
Post #26 of 30 (1078 views)
Shortcut

Re: [healyje] Onsight question... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

healyje wrote:
surfstar wrote:
Colinhoglund wrote:
For me the only time 'onsight' can relate to anything else then a clean lead, no falls or beta is in the gym.

Onsight?!? The fucking holds are colored!!! Maybe if you were colorblind I could see this justification.

Well, I don't know, outside (unless it's an onsight FA) then about 90% of the time you're talking about your basic climb-by-the-dots job and is that really all that different...?
Let's not even get started on routes like supercrack Tongue

surfstar

May 9, 2012, 3:09 PM
Post #27 of 30 (1047 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Colinhoglund] Onsight question... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Colinhoglund wrote:
surfstar wrote:
Colinhoglund wrote:
For me the only time 'onsight' can relate to anything else then a clean lead, no falls or beta is in the gym.

Onsight?!? The fucking holds are colored!!! Maybe if you were colorblind I could see this justification.

You clearly take yourself too seriously. Its the gym, its just a poor substitute for the real thing. No argument, outdoor onsights are by far more esteemed.
(ps. even with the holds taped you still have to figure the moves out)

No, complete opposite - I'm pointing out the absurdity of the weight that some people put into these terms.

I believe a good-style onsight doesn't involve a guidebook or a pre-known grade.

granite_grrl

May 9, 2012, 3:18 PM
Post #28 of 30 (1041 views)
Shortcut

Re: [surfstar] Onsight question... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

surfstar wrote:
Colinhoglund wrote:
surfstar wrote:
Colinhoglund wrote:

You clearly take yourself too seriously. Its the gym, its just a poor substitute for the real thing. No argument, outdoor onsights are by far more esteemed.

No, complete opposite - I'm pointing out the absurdity of the weight that some people put into these terms.

I believe a good-style onsight doesn't involve a guidebook or a pre-known grade.

Will you also be naked with a watermelon tied around your waist?

notapplicable

May 9, 2012, 4:45 PM
Post #29 of 30 (1020 views)
Shortcut

Re: [healyje] Onsight question... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

healyje wrote:
surfstar wrote:
Colinhoglund wrote:

Well, I don't know, outside (unless it's an onsight FA) then about 90% of the time you're talking about your basic climb-by-the-dots job and is that really all that different...?

It might all be a wash in the end. Those chalked holds and tick marks can offer some pretty terrible beta sometimes.

notapplicable

May 9, 2012, 4:46 PM
Post #30 of 30 (1018 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] Onsight question... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
surfstar wrote:
Colinhoglund wrote:
surfstar wrote:
Colinhoglund wrote:

Will you also be naked with a watermelon tied around your waist?

I would pay money to see that.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook