Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

SylviaSmile

Oct 16, 2012, 11:17 PM
Post #38676 of 45342 (5125 views)
Shortcut

Re: [SylviaSmile] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

PTFTW!

notapplicable

Oct 17, 2012, 3:02 AM
Post #38677 of 45342 (5114 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
"Gmburns2000 wrote:
that blows (kind of like this website the past year).

I was thinking the same thing the other day but it's not like we do anything to change the fact. When was the last time you started a well intended and useful thread in a climbing forum? I think mine was the "Near Miss Report" thread and that was almost two years ago.

I can't remember mine. I've done a few news notes. Maybe mine was the speed record by Caldwell and Honnold.

Still, none of the big hitters are here anymore. I don't even see JT. I anticipate a long, long recovery.

It's been a long time since my last useful thread. Most of the stuff that can be talked about has already been talked about. So, really, is there a point in trying to be useful?

About as much point as bemoaning the fact that the site is in decline, I suppose.

notapplicable

Oct 17, 2012, 3:04 AM
Post #38678 of 45342 (5113 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
Plus, I don't feel good right now. Woe is me Smile

Well, at least you "look" healthy.

SylviaSmile

Oct 17, 2012, 3:05 AM
Post #38679 of 45342 (5111 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:

I still can't work out whether that chick was calling me fat!

notapplicable

Oct 17, 2012, 3:09 AM
Post #38680 of 45342 (5110 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
edge wrote:
So, last week I worked all day every day moving our belongings into the new house in the rain, probably 15 pick-up truck loads total along with two trailer loads.

We spent our first night in the rental home on Thursday, but I managed to sneak out for about five hours to the local crag, which is now only a 10 minute drive away. We added a finish to one of our previous FAs to link it to the top of the cliff, then semi-cleaned a new line (right of our classic "A Toltec Dream") that is far from classic but worth doing, leading it at 5.7+ and naming it "An Aztec Nightmare."

Spent the weekend unpacking, arranging furniture, and settling in. Had to run to my parents on Sunday to watch the Patriots game, as we don't get cable hooked up until later today. In the meantime we have been watching "Downton Abbey" on DVD, which I am pleasantly surprised to find very good.

Downton is quite good. Seen seasons 1 & 2 and rather enjoyed both.

Good job getting a bit-o-climbing in too. At least someone is getting out.

DOWNTON ABBEY! Something to live for, indeed . . . my roommate and I did a marathon of seasons 1 and 2 a couple months ago (she'd never seen them, though I had), and now we are illegally streaming season 3 from sketchy sites on Monday evenings. Can't wait. :)

I'm kind of annoyed. I missed the season premier of Walking Dead the other night and since AMC stays a full week behind with whats available OnDemand and I refuse to pirate, I'm behind for the rest of the season. Mad

notapplicable

Oct 17, 2012, 3:09 AM
Post #38681 of 45342 (5109 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:

OH SNAP!

SylviaSmile

Oct 17, 2012, 3:11 AM
Post #38682 of 45342 (5107 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
edge wrote:
So, last week I worked all day every day moving our belongings into the new house in the rain, probably 15 pick-up truck loads total along with two trailer loads.

We spent our first night in the rental home on Thursday, but I managed to sneak out for about five hours to the local crag, which is now only a 10 minute drive away. We added a finish to one of our previous FAs to link it to the top of the cliff, then semi-cleaned a new line (right of our classic "A Toltec Dream") that is far from classic but worth doing, leading it at 5.7+ and naming it "An Aztec Nightmare."

Spent the weekend unpacking, arranging furniture, and settling in. Had to run to my parents on Sunday to watch the Patriots game, as we don't get cable hooked up until later today. In the meantime we have been watching "Downton Abbey" on DVD, which I am pleasantly surprised to find very good.

DOWNTON ABBEY! Something to live for, indeed . . . my roommate and I did a marathon of seasons 1 and 2 a couple months ago (she'd never seen them, though I had), and now we are illegally streaming season 3 from sketchy sites on Monday evenings. Can't wait. :)

I'm kind of annoyed. I missed the season premier of Walking Dead the other night and since AMC stays a full week behind with whats available OnDemand and I refuse to pirate, I'm behind for the rest of the season. Mad

Well aren't you holier-than-thou when it comes to tv watching habits . . . Pirate

notapplicable

Oct 17, 2012, 3:13 AM
Post #38683 of 45342 (5104 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:

OH SNAP!

I can vouch. You ain't fat. Not even close.

SylviaSmile

Oct 17, 2012, 3:18 AM
Post #38684 of 45342 (5102 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:

OH SNAP!

The other puzzling thing is that I have been feeling thinner lately, pants fitting a little different, but the scale doesn't reflect it . . . oh well, one of those unsolved mysteries.

Partner epoch

Oct 17, 2012, 3:18 AM
Post #38685 of 45342 (5101 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

APOCALYPSE !!! Quick, hide your everything!!!
Meh, you East-Coasters and your "earthquakes." Come west, ride the big ones with me!!! Yeee Haw!

Oh, and Dina... yousuck for being this close and yet, again, not coming down to say hi to Donny and myself.

notapplicable

Oct 17, 2012, 3:20 AM
Post #38686 of 45342 (5099 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
edge wrote:

Well aren't you holier-than-thou when it comes to tv watching habits . . . Pirate

I value high quality programing and I know that doesn't come cheap, so I make it a point to support their revenue chain. Same with movies and music, although I'm the most flexible with music since they have the live show, which is a major source of revenue that cannot be duplicated or pirated.

SylviaSmile

Oct 17, 2012, 3:20 AM
Post #38687 of 45342 (5098 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:

OH SNAP!

I can vouch. You ain't fat. Not even close.

Haha, thanks Smile I can't help but wonder what our relative weights are, though--I bet you don't have more than ten pounds on me.

Partner epoch

Oct 17, 2012, 3:21 AM
Post #38688 of 45342 (5097 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:

I don't care what she called you. You still "look" healthy despite being a Vegan...

In other news... I'm only eating meat -of any kind- 2-3 meals a week. It's having a substantial effect on my everything.

Now, if I only had more trees to hug...

SylviaSmile

Oct 17, 2012, 3:21 AM
Post #38689 of 45342 (5096 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Bottom line, once I feel better I need to do some cardio. All this weight talk comes of feeling like a lazy slug!

Partner epoch

Oct 17, 2012, 3:22 AM
Post #38690 of 45342 (5094 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
edge wrote:

sockshare is your friend. Stop bitching. The internet is here to help you.

SylviaSmile

Oct 17, 2012, 3:23 AM
Post #38691 of 45342 (5093 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
edge wrote:

I value high quality programing and I know that doesn't come cheap, so I make it a point to support their revenue chain. Same with movies and music, although I'm the most flexible with music since they have the live show, which is a major source of revenue that cannot be duplicated or pirated.

That's funny, because since my teenage years I have maintained a rigid anti-music piracy position. TV, though . . . I actually wouldn't care if it went away and never came back.

notapplicable

Oct 17, 2012, 3:23 AM
Post #38692 of 45342 (5092 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
Meh, you East-Coasters and your "earthquakes." Come west, ride the big ones with me!!! Yeee Haw!

Oh, and Dina... yousuck for being this close and yet, again, not coming down to say hi to Donny and myself.

I didn't feel a thing.

Oh, and...

THAT BITCH!!

SylviaSmile

Oct 17, 2012, 3:24 AM
Post #38693 of 45342 (5090 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:

I don't care what she called you. You still "look" healthy despite being a Vegan...

In other news... I'm only eating meat -of any kind- 2-3 meals a week. It's having a substantial effect on my everything.

Now, if I only had more trees to hug...

Good for you! Live clean. Cool

SylviaSmile

Oct 17, 2012, 3:25 AM
Post #38694 of 45342 (5089 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
epoch wrote:

I didn't feel a thing.

Oh, and...

THAT BITCH!!

I think it was in New England. Weird number of East Coast earthquakes in the recent past, though.

SylviaSmile

Oct 17, 2012, 3:28 AM
Post #38695 of 45342 (5084 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:

Where is her blog link again? I don't know if I saw all the pics from the journey.

SylviaSmile

Oct 17, 2012, 3:40 AM
Post #38696 of 45342 (5072 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
sungam wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
I managed to finish packing, load the truck and hit the road 2 hours down, 14 to go.

Read the long version:

http://sleepingontheground.wordpress.com
K IS DAY UR BLOG U JST LNKD?

What is this "blog" you speak of? Aren't those the things we don't click on?

Oh, found it! :)

edge

Oct 17, 2012, 3:51 AM
Post #38697 of 45342 (5067 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
epoch wrote:

I didn't feel a thing.

Oh, and...

THAT BITCH!!

I think it was in New England. Weird number of East Coast earthquakes in the recent past, though.

It was a 4.6 centered about 40 miles east of me. The whole house shook for about 4 seconds with a significant rumble, and the dogs jumped up out of a snooze and started running (where to, I don't know, we were inside.) I knew right away what it was, but don't recall ever feeling one so strong in NH in my 51 years. My wife had to ask what it was, and after I told her I stepped outside and my new neighbors and their other neighbors were also out asking what it was.Crazy

(This post was edited by edge on Oct 17, 2012, 3:52 AM)

Partner epoch

Oct 17, 2012, 4:54 AM
Post #38698 of 45342 (5046 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
epoch wrote:

I didn't feel a thing.

Oh, and...

THAT BITCH!!

It was a 4.6 centered about 40 miles east of me. The whole house shook for about 4 seconds with a significant rumble, and the dogs jumped up out of a snooze and started running (where to, I don't know, we were inside.) I knew right away what it was, but don't recall ever feeling one so strong in NH in my 51 years. My wife had to ask what it was, and after I told her I stepped outside and my new neighbors and their other neighbors were also out asking what it was.Crazy

Heh...

New Englanders.

I was in Acadia for the last significant one. was going to climb the next day at the Precipice. Too bad that part of the cliff came down with that one.

Heck, I was up there for two significant rockfalls that forever changed the climbing in Acadia. The earthquake and the falling of Riptide and Razor Crack.

Anyway... it's all over... nothing to see here.... move along.

notapplicable

Oct 17, 2012, 5:27 AM
Post #38699 of 45342 (5036 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The legend continues to grow!

WOW! I never knew this before but aparently John Wesly is in fact one of the most stunningly arogant asswhipes on the internet

notapplicable

Oct 17, 2012, 5:30 AM
Post #38700 of 45342 (5035 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:

OH SNAP!

The other puzzling thing is that I have been feeling thinner lately, pants fitting a little different, but the scale doesn't reflect it . . . oh well, one of those unsolved mysteries.

All of my adult life I have weighed 158 - 160. I have been down to 153 for the last six months. I thought maybe I was dying or something. Doc thinks proly not. I'm thinking thats a bet he can't win.

First page Previous page 1 ... 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook