Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

SylviaSmile

Feb 2, 2013, 10:24 PM
Post #40401 of 45342 (3857 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
I sure hope my boss's intranet stalking skill are subpar.

lol let's all hope so! who knows who's watching?

I was thinking about it the other day. Do yall think any of your friends/family lurk the SPCI?

All my friends, climbing and non, know i troll contribute to RC.com. Somebodys doing the lurking.

This reminds me of the day, not so long ago, when in a fit of listlessness I scrolled through the annals of the SPCI and discovered that no one ever really wanted my ham-bacon sandwiches. I was crushed. Frown

Madness! Those sammiches were a huge hit.

Well, I hoped so, since I followed K's recipe to a T!

SylviaSmile

Feb 2, 2013, 10:24 PM
Post #40402 of 45342 (3855 views)
Shortcut

Re: [SylviaSmile] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

I was thinking about it the other day. Do yall think any of your friends/family lurk the SPCI?

All my friends, climbing and non, know i troll contribute to RC.com. Somebodys doing the lurking.

This reminds me of the day, not so long ago, when in a fit of listlessness I scrolled through the annals of the SPCI and discovered that no one ever really wanted my ham-bacon sandwiches. I was crushed. Frown

Madness! Those sammiches were a huge hit.

Well, I hoped so, since I followed K's recipe to a T!

I meant PTFTW! Pirate

SylviaSmile

Feb 2, 2013, 10:31 PM
Post #40403 of 45342 (3847 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

I once dated a guy who creeped me on here... As soon as I found out, it cut the rope

I hope no one I know in real life (apart from Bryan) is on here! Speak now or . . . don't.

I'm trying to remember a specific instance of oversharing on your part. I can't really. Which isn't a good sign actually. The more outwardly reserved the person is, the bigger the freak they usually are.

Actually, you know what it is? I don't have anything to share that would fall into the "oversharing" category, because I'm kinda boring like that.

SylviaSmile

Feb 2, 2013, 10:36 PM
Post #40404 of 45342 (3845 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
The hard sell actually worked with that Sylviasmile woman. I got a PM and were supposed to go climbing next weekend.

She wants to hit Seneca, which is multi-pitch trad, so I figure we can go super mellow with a 5.3 to start the day and see how things go. I definitely need a gym partner for when I'm working in NOVA, so this could work out well.

Check out the sandwich thread... You're welcome

Thank you. Unfortunately ham is the least tasty sammich meat, so will be submitting my own no-ham hamsammich recipe.

I'm kind of thinking you missed the point of the thread.

I didn't miss the fact that I will be the one eating what ever artery clogging concoction you people help her cook up.

AHA! ^truth^

SylviaSmile

Feb 2, 2013, 10:37 PM
Post #40405 of 45342 (3843 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Laugh

SylviaSmile

Feb 2, 2013, 10:38 PM
Post #40406 of 45342 (3839 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

I once dated a guy who creeped me on here... As soon as I found out, it cut the rope

I hope no one I know in real life (apart from Bryan) is on here! Speak now or . . . don't.

I'm trying to remember a specific instance of oversharing on your part. I can't really. Which isn't a good sign actually. The more outwardly reserved the person is, the bigger the freak they usually are.

Actually, you know what it is? I don't have anything to share that would fall into the "oversharing" category, because I'm kinda boring like that.

I am so boring that all I am doing with a beautiful, sunny Saturday afternoon is sitting on the floor listening to Grooveshark.

SylviaSmile

Feb 2, 2013, 10:38 PM
Post #40407 of 45342 (3837 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

And that is just sad.

SylviaSmile

Feb 2, 2013, 10:39 PM
Post #40408 of 45342 (3834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
And that is just sad.

Actually, though, my excuse is pretty good: I may or may not have broken 1-2 of my middle toes on my left foot!

SylviaSmile

Feb 2, 2013, 10:40 PM
Post #40409 of 45342 (3833 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
And that is just sad.

Actually, though, my excuse is pretty good: I may or may not have broken 1-2 of my middle toes on my left foot!

This might be a great opportunity for oversharing--I could post a picture!!!

SylviaSmile

Feb 2, 2013, 10:41 PM
Post #40410 of 45342 (3830 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
And that is just sad.

This might be a great opportunity for oversharing--I could post a picture!!!

But first, the story of the incident . . . so last night I went to the climbing gym with my friend Whitney.

SylviaSmile

Feb 2, 2013, 10:42 PM
Post #40411 of 45342 (3827 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Whitney is really cool (if you are here, hi Whitney!), and though she's from here, uses all kinds of California slang due to going to college there, and that amuses me to no end. Smile

SylviaSmile

Feb 2, 2013, 10:42 PM
Post #40412 of 45342 (3825 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
Whitney is really cool (if you are here, hi Whitney!), and though she's from here, uses all kinds of California slang due to going to college there, and that amuses me to no end. Smile

So anyway, neither of us had been the gym in months, so we were taking it pretty easy and having some relaxed fun.

SylviaSmile

Feb 2, 2013, 10:43 PM
Post #40413 of 45342 (3823 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:

So anyway, neither of us had been the gym in months, so we were taking it pretty easy and having some relaxed fun.

The hardest one I did was a 5.8+, which is not me trying to push it. In fact, I didn't even try a 5.9 except for one that i couldn't even start because it was weird so I switched to a 5.8 with a crack, which was easy...

SylviaSmile

Feb 2, 2013, 10:45 PM
Post #40414 of 45342 (3821 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:

The hardest one I did was a 5.8+, which is not me trying to push it. In fact, I didn't even try a 5.9 except for one that i couldn't even start because it was weird so I switched to a 5.8 with a crack, which was easy...

Just as we were both getting maybe a bit tired (my forearms were starting to feel it a bit) . . .

SylviaSmile

Feb 2, 2013, 10:46 PM
Post #40415 of 45342 (3819 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:

Just as we were both getting maybe a bit tired (my forearms were starting to feel it a bit) . . .

We noticed it was 10:30 p.m.! We both had to get up early so we called it a night at that point. A pretty good night of climbing for not having done it since September (for me).

SylviaSmile

Feb 2, 2013, 10:47 PM
Post #40416 of 45342 (3816 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:

We noticed it was 10:30 p.m.! We both had to get up early so we called it a night at that point. A pretty good night of climbing for not having done it since September (for me).

Even though I had eaten a pretty good (and delicious: fried seasoned potatoes, fresh bell pepper, and yogurt) dinner before climbing, when I got home of course I had the munchies.

SylviaSmile

Feb 2, 2013, 10:48 PM
Post #40417 of 45342 (3813 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:

Even though I had eaten a pretty good (and delicious: fried seasoned potatoes, fresh bell pepper, and yogurt) dinner before climbing, when I got home of course I had the munchies.

I knew I had a cup of instant tortilla soup somewhere in my pantry shelf, so as the water boiled I dug around in the back of the shelf for it . . .

SylviaSmile

Feb 2, 2013, 10:53 PM
Post #40418 of 45342 (3811 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:

I knew I had a cup of instant tortilla soup somewhere in my pantry shelf, so as the water boiled I dug around in the back of the shelf for it . . .

. . . and instead I found my raisins! (Hey, I had been looking for those!)

And at the very same moment I pulled out the raisins, I accidentally knocked over a can of green beans, which fell, with deadly accuracy, right on my bare middle and left middle toes. I cried out in pain and ignored the now whistling kettle in frantic search of something in which to put ice--we had no towels or anything handy. I finally went all around my apartment and came up with an old sock, which I filled with ice cubes and put on my poor toes, which now had a kind of bloody line on them from where the edge of the can had, through force of impact, broken the skin.

SylviaSmile

Feb 2, 2013, 10:54 PM
Post #40419 of 45342 (3809 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I didn't cry, though, because I am a brave girl.

SylviaSmile

Feb 2, 2013, 10:55 PM
Post #40420 of 45342 (3806 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:

Instead, I did what any sane person would do and googled "how do you know if your toe is broken" right after the event, and I found out that even if the toes were broken all the doctor would do would bind them together and tell me to put ice.

SylviaSmile

Feb 2, 2013, 10:55 PM
Post #40421 of 45342 (3802 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:

Instead, I did what any sane person would do and googled "how do you know if your toe is broken" right after the event, and I found out that even if the toes were broken all the doctor would do would bind them together and tell me to put ice.

Of course I didn't visit a doctor so I don't know if they are really broken or not, but they are still pretty bruised and don't bend well.

SylviaSmile

Feb 2, 2013, 10:56 PM
Post #40422 of 45342 (3798 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:

Of course I didn't visit a doctor so I don't know if they are really broken or not, but they are still pretty bruised and don't bend well.

They're not deformed or anything, though, so I think they will be okay.

SylviaSmile

Feb 2, 2013, 10:56 PM
Post #40423 of 45342 (3791 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:

AND I just added some arnica to them (the wounds are healed so I think it's ok).

SylviaSmile

Feb 2, 2013, 10:57 PM
Post #40424 of 45342 (3779 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:

AND I just added some arnica to them (the wounds are healed so I think it's ok).

My goal is to go dancing tonight, though my roommate thinks that's a bad idea.

SylviaSmile

Feb 2, 2013, 10:57 PM
Post #40425 of 45342 (3777 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:

My goal is to go dancing tonight, though my roommate thinks that's a bad idea.

So that's my toe story!

First page Previous page 1 ... 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook