Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4161 4162 4163 4164 4165 4166 4167 4168 4169 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

snoopy138

Dec 17, 2014, 7:14 PM
Post #104101 of 105309 (3269 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
Whoo! Did my hardest yet bouldering on site! I have until February for the comp by my goal going in was to be able to onsite some (not all OBVI) V4. Did my first last night so I'm feeling good about having 6.5 weeks to keep working at it. I've been taking a training/fitness for climbing class at my gym the last 8 weeks and that ends Thursday so it'll free me up to focus on bouldering.

I still kinda hate it though.

Bouldering is good for you though. It's been forever since I've done anything graded, but last time I did I think I was maxing out at V4.

PTFTWs are also good for you.

snoopy138

Dec 17, 2014, 7:14 PM
Post #104102 of 105309 (3268 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

*gg carez, shitz pantz in rage*

granite_grrl

Dec 17, 2014, 8:16 PM
Post #104103 of 105309 (3259 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
*gg carez, shitz pantz in rage*

Maybe at other times, but I'm far too exhausted from my "vacation" right now.

dr_feelgood

Dec 17, 2014, 11:41 PM
Post #104104 of 105309 (3234 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
Whoo! Did my hardest yet bouldering on site! I have until February for the comp by my goal going in was to be able to onsite some (not all OBVI) V4. Did my first last night so I'm feeling good about having 6.5 weeks to keep working at it. I've been taking a training/fitness for climbing class at my gym the last 8 weeks and that ends Thursday so it'll free me up to focus on bouldering.

Bouldering is good for you though. It's been forever since I've done anything graded, but last time I did I think I was maxing out at V4.

Cauliflower is good for you too, but I still hate it.

lena_chita

Dec 18, 2014, 3:05 PM
Post #104105 of 105309 (3183 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

If you hate cauliflower, you are doing it rong.

caughtinside

Dec 18, 2014, 4:48 PM
Post #104106 of 105309 (3166 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

This is correct.

snoopy138

Dec 18, 2014, 6:14 PM
Post #104107 of 105309 (3150 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

This is correct.

some might say teh same thing about bouldering?

climbingtrash

Dec 18, 2014, 7:01 PM
Post #104108 of 105309 (3140 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Overdue weak-end update:

I am so weke, I can't even handle staying up late anymore.

Friday night was a friend's birthday, her husband threw a big party at a restaurant, with a private dance floor, DJ, and all. It was pretty awesome, even though I alway feel a bit inadequate at those kinds of parties. But anyway, Heffe was in a dancing mode, and it was really fun. But we didn't get home until well past midnight.

Saturday night was Ed's dinner party. Tons of fun, great company, lots of alcohol, Cards Against Humanity game that went well past midnight... I think it was after 1 a.m. when we finally headed home.

And somehow both Saturday and Sunday I got up earlier than I should have. Now it's time to work, and I am ready for a nap. I can't handle these late nights anymore! Like I said, very weke.
Getting old sucks. I'll still stay up late if I know I can sleep in but my body wakes up early anyway, no longer can I sleep like a teenager. Plus I have to let the chickens out around sunrise. Seriously considering the $400 automatics chicken coop door opener.

Yeah, sleeping in is as foreign and distant to me as Zima and 311 by this point. It's not because I've gotten more responsible– I really haven't– but my body just doesn't need it. Plus, the achy AI back is a natural alarm clock. Starts hurting every morning at 630.

Ah, Zima...that takes me back.

climbingtrash

Dec 18, 2014, 7:06 PM
Post #104109 of 105309 (3137 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

Teh only thing good about Cauliflower is that someone else eats it.

dr_feelgood

Dec 18, 2014, 11:27 PM
Post #104110 of 105309 (3112 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbingtrash] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

report of doc's activities since icefest where I was super weak and tire
Monday: Went hunting, had a potluck. Still really tired.
Tuesday: Skied all day, up to last chair. Legs in pain.
Wednesday: Ice climbed in the morning, a lead and several naps as a fifth wheel to some noob wrangling. Then went and skied to last chair again. Took a spill, and slide downhill headfirst for 30-40' until a nice soft willow bush stopped me.
Today: Went ice climbing. Shoulder and arms really sore from climbing and tumbling.
Skiing again tomorrow, and probably a tour on saturday. May try to climb on sunday.

Headed back to CT on tuesday, and I'll be damned if I don't hobble onto the fucking plane.

caughtinside

Dec 18, 2014, 11:34 PM
Post #104111 of 105309 (3109 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

This is correct.

Can you roast bouldering in oil, garlic and herbs?

carabiner96

Dec 18, 2014, 11:45 PM
Post #104112 of 105309 (3105 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

This is correct.

no. Yet another reason to despise it.

granite_grrl

Dec 18, 2014, 11:54 PM
Post #104113 of 105309 (3103 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
Wednesday: Ice climbed in the morning, a lead and several naps as a fifth wheel to some noob wrangling. Then went and skied to last chair again. Took a spill, and slide downhill headfirst for 30-40' until a nice soft willow bush stopped me.
Today: Went ice climbing. Shoulder and arms really sore from climbing and tumbling.
Skiing again tomorrow, and probably a tour on saturday. May try to climb on sunday.

Headed back to CT on tuesday, and I'll be damned if I don't hobble onto the fucking plane.

Trying to take advantage of the preboarding? If you bring a cane they will offer to drive you around too.

dr_feelgood

Dec 19, 2014, 12:04 AM
Post #104114 of 105309 (3100 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

Trying to take advantage of the preboarding? If you bring a cane they will offer to drive you around too.

I'm more of a last-minute boarding type, but I could use the free rides.

I mostly just want to have the pain and soreness to distract me from how much air travel munches on choads.

Partner camhead

Dec 19, 2014, 12:05 AM
Post #104115 of 105309 (3099 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

EPC North report...

Did Solar Slab the first day, really fun big day; it was a cluster fuck at the bottom but we simuled past and were the only party to top out. Did a cool walk/rap-off that was pretty chill.

Next day was fucking cold and overcast, went to this crag in Icebox called Sunnyside, which was NOT sunny. Did a fun 5.9 juggy carck called Mister Masters. The OS'd a couple 11+/12- tard lines next over. They were very NRG-ish, lots of highstep lockoffs. Partner was complaining about his shoudler hurting and just kept saying he wasn't psyched; the approaches have kept him tired this whole trip, but I just decided to ignore it and make the best of this trip.

Next day did Levitation 29. Knot sure how many gerkz have done this, but there was a cool 3 pitch approach climb called Plate of Fate, mostly gullies with like three moves of good 5.9 slab, but it cut over and hour off the approach, and threw in more climbing. L29 was amazingly good. It was snowing as we started, but cleared up and was perfectly sunny conditions. OS'd both crux pitches, but had a foot pop on a dinky 5.10a move right above the crux pitch as I was linking the two. Butthurt is strawng!

Last two days have been spent waiting for the rock to dry. Hopefully Epi tomorrow.

dr_feelgood

Dec 19, 2014, 12:11 AM
Post #104116 of 105309 (3098 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

This is correct.

no. Yet another reason to despise it.
I suppose you could roast a boulderer in oil, garlic, and herbs, but that might be considered murder, and if you eat them, cannibalism.

Not that I'm trying to tell you how to live your life.

snoopy138

Dec 19, 2014, 2:49 AM
Post #104117 of 105309 (3079 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

This is correct.

no, but you can roast cauliflower in garlic, oil, and herbs, then eat that and drink a beer with yore bouldering.

snoopy138

Dec 19, 2014, 2:53 AM
Post #104118 of 105309 (3074 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
EPC North report...

Did Solar Slab the first day, really fun big day; it was a cluster fuck at the bottom but we simuled past and were the only party to top out. Did a cool walk/rap-off that was pretty chill.

Next day did Levitation 29. Knot sure how many gerkz have done this, but there was a cool 3 pitch approach climb called Plate of Fate, mostly gullies with like three moves of good 5.9 slab, but it cut over and hour off the approach, and threw in more climbing.

The approach is only two hours or so, maybe 2:15. I find it hard to believe you're getting to the base of Lev 29 in an hour from the car doing Plate of Fate.

snoopy138

Dec 19, 2014, 2:56 AM
Post #104119 of 105309 (3072 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Next day did Levitation 29. Knot sure how many gerkz have done this, but there was a cool 3 pitch approach climb called Plate of Fate, mostly gullies with like three moves of good 5.9 slab, but it cut over and hour off the approach, and threw in more climbing. L29 was amazingly good. It was snowing as we started, but cleared up and was perfectly sunny conditions. OS'd both crux pitches, but had a foot pop on a dinky 5.10a move right above the crux pitch as I was linking the two. Butthurt is strawng!

okay, that is kind of funny. Maybe it should be renamed Burning Bush of Red Rocks?

snoopy138

Dec 19, 2014, 2:58 AM
Post #104120 of 105309 (3070 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Last two days have been spent waiting for the rock to dry. Hopefully Epi tomorrow.

well, that should be nice and warm in December. At least you lurve chimneys.

try to allocate a couple hours of daylight for the descent. it's not that obvious getting to the frogland gully.

snoopy138

Dec 19, 2014, 2:59 AM
Post #104121 of 105309 (3069 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

oh, yeah ... when's Cloud Tower?

snoopy138

Dec 19, 2014, 3:01 AM
Post #104122 of 105309 (3067 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:

well, that should be nice and warm in December. At least you lurve chimneys.

try to allocate a couple hours of daylight for the descent. it's not that obvious getting to the frogland gully.

btw, you might try for Sunday to do Epi ... forecast looks 10 degrees warmer.

Partner camhead

Dec 19, 2014, 3:21 AM
Post #104123 of 105309 (3062 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
EPC North report...

Next day did Levitation 29. Knot sure how many gerkz have done this, but there was a cool 3 pitch approach climb called Plate of Fate, mostly gullies with like three moves of good 5.9 slab, but it cut over and hour off the approach, and threw in more climbing.

The approach is only two hours or so, maybe 2:15. I find it hard to believe you're getting to the base of Lev 29 in an hour from the car doing Plate of Fate.

Hmm, I was going by the MP masses saying that the regular L29 approach was 3 hrs. Erie guardless, I'd take a bit of extra climbing over extra wash scrambling any day.

dr_feelgood

Dec 19, 2014, 4:09 AM
Post #104124 of 105309 (3055 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
EPC North report...

Hmm, I was going by the MP masses saying that the regular L29 approach was 3 hrs. Erie guardless, I'd take a bit of extra climbing over extra wash scrambling any day.
It sounds like you are trying to glorify/justify the three moves of hard gully climbing into something worthwhile....

caughtinside

Dec 19, 2014, 5:37 AM
Post #104125 of 105309 (3047 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Good stuff. I did the l29 approach in 2 hrs before I on sighted it. Angelic

I came super close to falling on the pitch after the crux. Wasn't liking, but swung on through with no rest and was pretty damn pumped from the crux. Great route though, some good variety on that thing.

First page Previous page 1 ... 4161 4162 4163 4164 4165 4166 4167 4168 4169 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook