Forums: Community: Campground:
The n00bs must be culled
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All


dingus


Apr 5, 2007, 12:50 PM
Post #151 of 206 (2813 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 16, 2002
Posts: 17392

Re: [trenchdigger] The n00bs must be culled [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If subiekid is a troll he's taking things to a whole new level.

Soon he'll be a rockstar if he keeps it up.

DMT


billcoe_


Apr 5, 2007, 12:56 PM
Post #152 of 206 (2804 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 30, 2002
Posts: 4668

Re: [the_leech] :D [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

the_leech wrote:
....I'd guess that StupidKid isn't as clueless and ignorant as he appears to be. He's likely just trolling. How lame is that?

OMFG!!! Thats some funny stuff dude. I was eating my lunch (corn) - I think I blew some corn through my nose.


coach_kyle


Apr 5, 2007, 1:03 PM
Post #153 of 206 (2797 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 30, 2006
Posts: 83

Re: [the_leech] The n00bs must be culled [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't know about you, but I sent a 5.12c three hours after squirting out of my mom and getting smacked by the doctor.I was NEVER a n00b.


bjorn


Apr 5, 2007, 1:14 PM
Post #154 of 206 (2788 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 27, 2005
Posts: 3

Re: [billcoe_] :D [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

yea i agree subiekid must be a troll. i mean....why else would he drive a WRX. i also agree with LEECH. people that are new to climbing NEED to stop climbing. furthermore, i think all jews should die, all arabs are terrorists, all mexicans need to go home, all white people should put on white masks and burn crosses, all black people should pick cotton and i mean i have alot of other things im upset about also. Discrimination is key, we need to make others feel unwelcome, we need to make others feel lower than ourselves......im mean gosh the word LEECH in the dictionary did recently have its definition changed to discrimnating bastard i guess you guys didnt know that. well w/e white pride! black Panthers! Viva la Resistance! and NOOBS no more climbing on my houses and stealing my cable.

You all dont understand what its like. you see, people like "The LEECH" and myself look down upon others because we are being looked down upon. we live in a haze of ignorance. you all need to join us and understand THIS IS HOW IT MUST BE. LEECH....will you marry me you are my hero......go to www.LEECH.you.are.retarded.but.youaremyfriend.com i made you a website.


bbentley77


Apr 5, 2007, 1:51 PM
Post #155 of 206 (2763 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 31, 2006
Posts: 145

Re: [bjorn] :D [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Subiekid: Go on home to mommy and daddy, and cry to someone who cares. We climb for the thrill, the challenge, and the journey up with freinds- not to impress arrogant pricks like "the_leech". E-thugs like that little girl only whine online because they won't get slapped in the face like they would if they said that shit to a "noob" like myself in person.


This thread is AWESOME!!! SlySlySly LONG LIVE THE LEECH!!! SlySlySly

Ya know Subiekid, the leech is 6'2", 240lb, shredded, a master at gung fu, and eats n00bs like you for breakfast!


(This post was edited by bbentley77 on Apr 5, 2007, 1:58 PM)


Partner macherry


Apr 5, 2007, 4:25 PM
Post #156 of 206 (2718 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 10, 2003
Posts: 15808

Re: [climbsomething] The n00bs must be culled [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbsomething wrote:
lodi5onu wrote:
i just looked at your profile pic and i think you're too old to use such profanities here
but your posts on this topic are otherwise generally clever and eloquent
A smart dude once said, "that is one articulate mother fucker"

heh heh


the_leech


Apr 5, 2007, 7:16 PM
Post #157 of 206 (2692 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 7, 2007
Posts: 392

Re: [dingus] The n00bs must be culled [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dingus wrote:
If subiekid is a troll he's taking things to a whole new level.

Soon he'll be a rockstar if he keeps it up.

DMT

The important thing about trolls is to make sure you don't bite their hook. Otherwise, they win.


MaxDWolf


Apr 6, 2007, 1:45 PM
Post #158 of 206 (2645 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 27, 2007
Posts: 12

Re: [girl_lostInVA] The n00bs must be culled [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

girl_lostInVA wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
now, in theory, I agree with you. however, I really need to introduce more hot chicks to climbing.

you should definitely have a special exemption for attractive girls and hot chick noobs...always take them climbing Laugh

Yeah, because I don't get rejected by enough hotties in town, I need them to follow me out to the rocks to laugh at me.

Not to mention that I need the distraction while I climb those boring routes.

Final words;" Man! what a nice raAAAAAHHHH..."


microbarn


Apr 6, 2007, 2:33 PM
Post #159 of 206 (2631 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 12, 2004
Posts: 5920

Re: [bjorn] :D [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bjorn wrote:
yea i agree subiekid must be a troll. i mean....why else would he drive a WRX. i also agree with LEECH. people that are new to climbing NEED to stop climbing. furthermore, i think all jews should die, all arabs are terrorists, all mexicans need to go home, all white people should put on white masks and burn crosses, all black people should pick cotton and i mean i have alot of other things im upset about also. Discrimination is key, we need to make others feel unwelcome, we need to make others feel lower than ourselves......im mean gosh the word LEECH in the dictionary did recently have its definition changed to discrimnating bastard i guess you guys didnt know that. well w/e white pride! black Panthers! Viva la Resistance! and NOOBS no more climbing on my houses and stealing my cable.

You all dont understand what its like. you see, people like "The LEECH" and myself look down upon others because we are being looked down upon. we live in a haze of ignorance. you all need to join us and understand THIS IS HOW IT MUST BE. LEECH....will you marry me you are my hero......go to www.LEECH.you.are.retarded.but.youaremyfriend.com i made you a website.

I just didn't want this to be lost.


shanz


Apr 6, 2007, 3:59 PM
Post #160 of 206 (2596 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 18, 2004
Posts: 702

Re: [microbarn] :D [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

All trolling aside - i enjoy taking noobs climbing albiet i end up being a belay anchor - i enjoy teaching them and learning from them(yes you can learn). Not to mention id rather have show em what i know rather than have to carry them out (really kills a good day of climbing). Of course this usually happens when im out of certain party favors.


bent_gate


Apr 6, 2007, 4:38 PM
Post #161 of 206 (2587 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 1, 2004
Posts: 2620

Re: [bbentley77] :D [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bbentley77 wrote:
In reply to:
Subiekid: Go on home to mommy and daddy, and cry to someone who cares. We climb for the thrill, the challenge, and the journey up with freinds- not to impress arrogant pricks like "the_leech". E-thugs like that little girl only whine online because they won't get slapped in the face like they would if they said that shit to a "noob" like myself in person.

This thread is AWESOME!!! SlySlySly LONG LIVE THE LEECH!!! SlySlySly

Ya know Subiekid, the leech is 6'2", 240lb, shredded, a master at gung fu, and eats n00bs like you for breakfast!

That's right Stubiekid, The Leech is not one to be trifled with. He's also trained with Chuck Norris, (and that was long before Gabe Walker tried to make this same claim). He’s got chunks of guys like you in his stool!

We were sitting around the campfire last night going round the circle sharing our experiences and stories about him:
“He once punched a hole in a cow just to see who was coming up the road.”

“We once had a bachelor party for The Leech. He ate the entire cake before we could tell him there was a stripper in it.”

“I once saw him scissor-kick Angela Lansbury…”

We sat in silence and opened another beer…

“The Leech is the only man to ever defeat a brick wall in a game of tennis.”

“He uses live elk for toilet paper.”

“He ordered a Big Mac at Burger King… and got one.”

We solemnly put another log on the fire…

“The Leech grinds his coffee with his teeth and boils the water with his own rage.”

“I once saw him slam a revolving door.”

“I heard he invented the Cleveland Steamer.”

So we proposed a toast to The Leech. To that bold man who invented the internet… just so he would have a place to store his porn.


So you can go ahead and mess with him, but do so at your own risk. Wink


Partner drector


Apr 6, 2007, 4:57 PM
Post #162 of 206 (2577 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 27, 2002
Posts: 1037

Re: [bbentley77] :D [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bbentley77 wrote:
...and eats n00bs ... for breakfast!

That's a little gross. I'd think that the weak and tender nature of a n00b would give one the runs. Ick.


climbsomething


Apr 6, 2007, 5:01 PM
Post #163 of 206 (2576 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 29, 2002
Posts: 8588

Re: [drector] :D [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

drector wrote:
bbentley77 wrote:
...and eats n00bs ... for breakfast!

That's a little gross. I'd think that the weak and tender nature of a n00b would give one the runs. Ick.
But the old grizzlies are so chewy and stringy. They'd have to be marinated for like, two days.


Partner drector


Apr 6, 2007, 5:09 PM
Post #164 of 206 (2571 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 27, 2002
Posts: 1037

Re: [climbsomething] :D [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbsomething wrote:
drector wrote:
bbentley77 wrote:
...and eats n00bs ... for breakfast!

That's a little gross. I'd think that the weak and tender nature of a n00b would give one the runs. Ick.
But the old grizzlies are so chewy and stringy. They'd have to be marinated for like, two days.

I hear that many of them come self-marinated.

I guess if I were high on a wall and starving, I'd eat a n00b. It's unfortunate that the ones you find there have likely been dead for a long time and long forgotten. Still, better than starvation.


climbsomething


Apr 6, 2007, 5:13 PM
Post #165 of 206 (2569 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 29, 2002
Posts: 8588

Re: [drector] :D [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

drector wrote:
climbsomething wrote:
drector wrote:
bbentley77 wrote:
...and eats n00bs ... for breakfast!

That's a little gross. I'd think that the weak and tender nature of a n00b would give one the runs. Ick.
But the old grizzlies are so chewy and stringy. They'd have to be marinated for like, two days.

I hear that many of them come self-marinated.
Zing!

.......



Sly


cuchulainn1856


Apr 6, 2007, 6:27 PM
Post #166 of 206 (2549 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 28, 2007
Posts: 31

Re: [climbsomething] :D [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

god, leech is an ass. what if sum1 did that to you when u were a little n00b. if i'm climbing and i see you, im unclipping ur belay... Sly


iceravines


Apr 6, 2007, 7:03 PM
Post #167 of 206 (2536 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 28, 2006
Posts: 20

Re: [cuchulainn1856] :D [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

This has been the best entertainment I have ever seen and read! ***** a 5 star rating and a demand for a repeat performance!!! What a thread !


dharmatreez


Apr 7, 2007, 8:10 AM
Post #168 of 206 (2506 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2005
Posts: 228

Re: [bent_gate] :D [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bent_gate wrote:
To that bold man who invented the internet… just so he would have a place to store his porn.
Wink

ah ha... that is why Al Gore invented it!

SWEEET

Sly

jae


the_leech


Apr 7, 2007, 6:22 PM
Post #169 of 206 (2469 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 7, 2007
Posts: 392

Re: [bent_gate] :D [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bent_gate wrote:
That's right Stubiekid, The Leech is not one to be trifled with. He's also trained with Chuck Norris, (and that was long before Gabe Walker tried to make this same claim). He’s got chunks of guys like you in his stool!

We were sitting around the campfire last night going round the circle sharing our experiences and stories about him:
“He once punched a hole in a cow just to see who was coming up the road.”

“We once had a bachelor party for The Leech. He ate the entire cake before we could tell him there was a stripper in it.”

“I once saw him scissor-kick Angela Lansbury…”

We sat in silence and opened another beer…

“The Leech is the only man to ever defeat a brick wall in a game of tennis.”

“He uses live elk for toilet paper.”

“He ordered a Big Mac at Burger King… and got one.”

We solemnly put another log on the fire…

“The Leech grinds his coffee with his teeth and boils the water with his own rage.”

“I once saw him slam a revolving door.”

“I heard he invented the Cleveland Steamer.”

So we proposed a toast to The Leech. To that bold man who invented the internet… just so he would have a place to store his porn.

So you can go ahead and mess with him, but do so at your own risk. Wink


Beautiful... Just beautiful!

On that note, I think it’s about time that this thread comes to a close. It’s had a good run. But even a bottle of fine wine will taste like vinegar after it sits out too long.

I can’t tell you how happy I am that my ideas were supported by so many. This was an excellent discussion, with a plethora of wonderful and unexpected suggestions offered up by you all.

I wish I could thank each of you individually for your contributions, but alas, it would take a whole other page to accomplish that. Suffice it to say, I read and enjoyed each and every reply. You all touched me in your own special way. I can tell that most of you genuinely care about this issue.

As for my detractors, I value your opinions, as misguided as they may be. I’m heartened by the thought that your misguided beliefs are likely just a temporary condition. Remember how abolitionism was received when first proposed? This is no different. We will continue to grow as climbers and humans, and eventually we will all accept a common truth.

For those who said I was just trolling, I can see how you could think that. I kept a sense of humor in this thread. At times, I was even a little sarcastic. Nevertheless, the continued encroachment of n00bs is a serious problem that we need to address. I hope my occasional humor didn’t minimize the severity of this problem.

I’ll be gone for a few days now. I’ll be sport climbing in the Alabama Hills (clipping bolts... how n00bish of me, don’t you think?).

Anyway, I have some other ideas that I’d like to share down the road. Watch for a thread titled “Why women climb” by the_leech. It’s coming soon to a forum near you.

Until then, I wish you well. Remember to fight the good fight. And please, carry the attitude of discouragement wherever you go.


climbsomething


Apr 7, 2007, 6:39 PM
Post #170 of 206 (2461 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 29, 2002
Posts: 8588

Re: [the_leech] :D [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

the_leech wrote:
Watch for a thread titled “Why women climb” by the_leech.
Well, our boyfriends can't belay themselves. And summit jerkoff is totally not as good as summit nookie.

OMG, are those pink climbing shoes?


jt512


Apr 7, 2007, 10:13 PM
Post #171 of 206 (2424 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 11, 2001
Posts: 21892

Re: [the_leech] :D [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

the_leech wrote:
I’ll be gone for a few days now. I’ll be sport climbing in the Alabama Hills (clipping bolts... how n00bish of me, don’t you think?).

There's nothing n00bish about clipping bolts. Sport climbing was invented by elite trad climbers, after all. But the ALABAMA HILLS? I'm, like, so embarrassed for you!

Jay

(This post was edited by jt512 on Apr 7, 2007, 10:14 PM)


socalclimber


Apr 8, 2007, 8:45 AM
Post #172 of 206 (2367 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 27, 2001
Posts: 2433

Re: [jt512] :D [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

"But the ALABAMA HILLS? I'm, like, so embarrassed for you! "

HEY! I put up some of those routes... Sez allot doesn't it....


jt512


Apr 8, 2007, 12:00 PM
Post #173 of 206 (2328 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 11, 2001
Posts: 21892

Re: [socalclimber] :D [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

socalclimber wrote:
"But the ALABAMA HILLS? I'm, like, so embarrassed for you! "

HEY! I put up some of those routes... Sez allot doesn't it....

At least you have real rock there. You should see the choss that Brent and I have been climbing on lately.

Jay


Partner robdotcalm


Apr 10, 2007, 9:40 AM
Post #174 of 206 (2226 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 31, 2002
Posts: 1023

Re: [the_leech] The n00bs must be culled [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Being well into geezerhood, I’m used to receiving advertisements from financial institutions touting how good their products are for geezers. Usually they show a picture of a couple in their late 50s golfing, on a cruise ship, or dancing the Viagra Waltz. But it’s now changed. Here’s the opening of Martha Hamilton’s nationally distributed column in which she wrote about medical expenses and the aged

“How do you envision retirement? Rock-climbing on weekdays, minus the weekend crowds?”

[http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/31/AR2007033100062.html?sub=new]


N00bs be gone! Demography is destiny. Thousands of baby boomers retire each week and will be crowding the cliffs everywhere. There will be no room for n00bs at the crags on any day of the week. The notion of having to cull n00bs is so ten-minutes ago. I hope leech doesn’t get into culling the geezers. It would be his demise. We haven’t survived this long without the knowledge of how to dispense with upstarts.

Cheers,
Rob.calm


caughtinside


Aug 11, 2009, 1:33 PM
Post #175 of 206 (1639 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 30424

Re: [jt512] :D [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bumping this classic.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook