Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

paborden

May 27, 2009, 1:14 AM
Post #1 of 61 (5754 views)
Shortcut

Interested in climbing harder?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (4 ratings)  
Can't Post

Thanks guys, I've edited this post 'cause I don't need any more responses. Appreciate your comments (and flames)...all of it's been way useful feedback for me.

(This post was edited by paborden on May 28, 2009, 3:01 AM)

Partner angry

May 27, 2009, 1:24 AM
Post #2 of 61 (5738 views)
Shortcut

Re: [paborden] Interested in climbing harder? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

paborden wrote:
What if I told you there's a magic mental pill you could take to climb harder?

I'm currently refining the nuts and bolts of a mental training product for climbers that I've spent the last two years of my life developing, time spent sitting at the feet of gurus far and wide, learning their secrets, so I could finally bring them to the climbing community.

At long last, that day has arrived. Thing is, I need testimonials from people. So, I'm looking to trade this knowledge for testimonials, assuming you like the work, of course. Not sure what form this will take yet -- maybe a weekend workshop, maybe a few hours one-on-one. If you're interested in getting your mental game up to par, and possibly providing a video testimonial, please shoot an email to paborden (at) gmail (dot) com.

First, though, a disclaimer: by the end of our time together, you might have decided climbing's no longer for you. If you're willing to take that risk, email me anyway. Oh, and you've got to be in the Northeast to take part.

I'll also be glad to answer any questions in this post.

altelis

May 27, 2009, 1:27 AM
Post #3 of 61 (5732 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

What, pray tell, is a 'mental pill'?

Once you explain that, what is a 'magic mental pill'?

3rd, how did you learn anything sitting and not doing?

4th, your search couldn't have been that good- I never once notice you sitting at MY feet Cool!

paborden

May 27, 2009, 2:27 AM
Post #4 of 61 (5678 views)
Shortcut

Re: [altelis] Interested in climbing harder? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I should say, closest thing to a magic mental pill I've found yet. Not at liberty to go into too much detail here, apart from saying this is very revolutionary stuff. Interested parties, in the NE, especially in NYC, should contact me. I usually charge a couple hundred dollars an hour to do this work with people, so this is a golden opportunity for the open minded.

(This post was edited by paborden on May 27, 2009, 2:29 AM)

Partner angry

May 27, 2009, 2:38 AM
Post #5 of 61 (5661 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

paborden wrote:
I should say, closest thing to a magic mental pill I've found yet. Not at liberty to go into too much detail here, apart from saying this is very revolutionary stuff. Interested parties, in the NE, especially in NYC, should contact me. I usually charge a couple hundred dollars an hour to do this work with people, so this is a golden opportunity for the open minded.

spikeddem

May 27, 2009, 2:55 AM
Post #6 of 61 (5635 views)
Shortcut

Re: [angry] Interested in climbing harder? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

Strong werk by angry so far in this thread.

zealotnoob

May 27, 2009, 3:05 AM
Post #7 of 61 (5626 views)
Shortcut

Re: [spikeddem] Interested in climbing harder? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

spikeddem wrote:
Strong werk by angry so far in this thread.

onceahardman

May 27, 2009, 3:38 AM
Post #8 of 61 (5604 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

I'd be extremely skeptical, and expect someone making such a claim to actually have some evidence for it, rather than fishing for suckers.

In reply to:
I'm currently refining the nuts and bolts of a mental training product for climbers that I've spent the last two years of my life developing, time spent sitting at the feet of gurus far and wide, learning their secrets, so I could finally bring them to the climbing community.

If you are still refining the product, then it doesn't exist yet, which means your first statement is false, which increases my skepticism. Plus, appealing to the "guru factor" is weak sauce.

In reply to:
At long last, that day has arrived. Thing is, I need testimonials from people. So, I'm looking to trade this knowledge for testimonials, assuming you like the work, of course. Not sure what form this will take yet -- maybe a weekend workshop, maybe a few hours one-on-one. If you're interested in getting your mental game up to par, and possibly providing a video testimonial, please shoot an email to

This is troubling. Don't you personally know any climbers? I could scratch up a half dozen "testimonials" (among the weakest forms of evidence, BTW) with a few phone calls. Stop trying to sell me something. I'm working this side of the street.

In reply to:
First, though, a disclaimer: by the end of our time together, you might have decided climbing's no longer for you. If you're willing to take that risk, email me anyway. Oh, and you've got to be in the Northeast to take part.

So, your "magic pill", might make you stop climbing? Quite a side effect.

And, you need to not just be willing to travel to the northeast, but to actually "be" there? Odd.

I'm in the northeast, have the relevant background, and I think I have the requisite trust level around here to really help your product. But based on what you've said, I think it's the biggest pile of crap I've ever heard. Provide some details, or STFU.

Or, maybe just very creative trolling, in which case, well done.

jose32

May 27, 2009, 3:44 AM
Post #9 of 61 (5596 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

paborden wrote:

RyanW2050

May 27, 2009, 4:59 AM
Post #10 of 61 (5552 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jose32] Interested in climbing harder? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

this is gonna be an awesome thread

jt512

May 27, 2009, 5:09 AM
Post #11 of 61 (5542 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

paborden wrote:

Then I would say you were a lying scam artist.

Jay

(This post was edited by jt512 on May 27, 2009, 5:12 AM)

theguy

May 27, 2009, 8:26 AM
Post #12 of 61 (5482 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

paborden wrote:

I'd say you were one of Arno Ilgner's disciples and he already has a forum on this site, so you're a little late to the game.

On the other hand, I'm still receiving financial opportunities from Nigeria, so there may be a market opportunity with "late adopters".

paborden

May 27, 2009, 12:52 PM
Post #13 of 61 (5437 views)
Shortcut

Re: [theguy] Interested in climbing harder? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey guys, thanks for the responses so far. Forgive me for being a bit hyperbolic in the initial post, but I kinda like being over the top, what can I say.

Anyway, I wanted to address some specific concerns.

* You have to be in NYC or the NE because that's where I am. And while I'm willing to give my services away for free initially, I'm not willing to travel for free too. That said, if you're interested, you can still PM me, and maybe I'll be in your neck of the woods soon.

* The product has not been completed yet. I haven't decided how I'm going to market it, or what form it will take (book, DVD, etc), or even if I'm going to publicly release it at first. I might just take it to the pros and let them have it as their little secret for some time.

* I appreciate that you're calling bs. It shows you're looking out for others on that board, which is awesome stuff. Also, my claims are rather monumental, and you're good to question them.

* I could get my amigos to give me testimonials, but that would be silly, wouldn't it. Endorsements from a friend are easy to come by. Plus, in my experience, it's generally much better working with people I don't know too well, better results that way.

* I may start posting regular installments about all this stuff on my blog, but until then I'll be keeping most of it to myself. I'm honestly torn about what to do. As a peculiar blend of hypnosis, tibetan buddhism, and the like, what I teach people is experience based and about as useful in print as "let me tell you the mechanics of crimping"...i.e. doesn't help.

* Yep, you might stop climbing as a result. You might also decide to quit your job and buy a VW Camper Van, only to climb full time.

* And thanks, I didn't know Arno had his own forum. I'll check it out...his stuff is always quite inspiring...that said, this isn't Arno's work.

Be well guys...and keep the questions coming, I'll answer the ones I can.

(This post was edited by paborden on May 27, 2009, 1:03 PM)

bmaurice

May 27, 2009, 1:09 PM
Post #14 of 61 (5420 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i just have this invision of you cooking meth in your basement telling us you have this magic drug that will make us climb like sharma. if im wrong im all ears.

apeman_e

May 27, 2009, 1:11 PM
Post #15 of 61 (5419 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

paborden wrote:
As a peculiar blend of hypnosis, tibetan buddhism, and the like, what I teach people is experience based and about as useful in print as "let me tell you the mechanics of crimping"...i.e. doesn't help.

AAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHH!!!!!!!

Pretentious metropolitan magic-dust-hawker, please quickly teach me the secrets of your bullshit mixture of religions and psuedo-science so that I can climb harder.

The tibetan monk lynch mob is forming outside your door and they want their secrets back! Crazy

paborden

May 27, 2009, 1:29 PM
Post #16 of 61 (5404 views)
Shortcut

Re: [apeman_e] Interested in climbing harder? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

"i just have this invision of you cooking meth in your basement telling us you have this magic drug that will make us climb like sharma. if im wrong im all ears. "

That's some funny shite. I'll admit, it DOES sound, just a bit, like I'm hawking meth.

But you have to admit, if I'm not *crazy,* then you're curious.

I'm going to step away from all the flaming for a second. (Forgot how forums kill productivity). I trust if you're actually interested, and not just internet posing, then you'll PM me.

(This post was edited by paborden on May 27, 2009, 1:34 PM)

jt512

May 27, 2009, 2:37 PM
Post #17 of 61 (5341 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

paborden wrote:
Endorsements from a friend are easy to come by.

Endorsements for ineffective treatments are easy to come by to. If you give a group of 100 people a worthless treatment, a few are bound to improve due to random or placebo effects, but they will believe that their improvement was due to the product. You get endorsements from those few people, and ignore the majority who received no benefit.

Sound like a plan?

Jay

skibum14

May 27, 2009, 2:41 PM
Post #18 of 61 (5333 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

paborden wrote:
I trust if you're actually interested, and not just internet posing, then you'll PM me.
Why? What evidence have you given for any rational person to want to PM you? I'm not flaming here, but I'm honestly wondering why any of us should take you seriously. You've given us no reason to.

paborden

May 27, 2009, 3:01 PM
Post #19 of 61 (5318 views)
Shortcut

Re: [skibum14] Interested in climbing harder? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, it's true, I'm not giving you any reason to. I totally get that my promises ring hollow right now and that someone not willing to discuss methodology in detail isn't taken seriously. That said, this is a public forum, and rc.com at that, so I'm not willing to go into depth here.

So, those who are curious, and who are willing to take a risk have PMed me. Those who want proof now are waiting. It really is that simple.

Johnny_Fang

May 27, 2009, 3:05 PM
Post #20 of 61 (5314 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jt512] Interested in climbing harder? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

a magic pill to boost performance sounds amazing. is it a steroid? an amphetamine? pretty sure either of those might make you want to stop climbing, too.

i should start taking a magic pill rather than continuing to eat all of this weak sauce.

time2clmb

May 27, 2009, 3:10 PM
Post #21 of 61 (5310 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lol...I can't beleive some of you actually think that it's reall in pill form Laugh Too funny Crazy

In reply to:
The product has not been completed yet. I haven't decided how I'm going to market it, or what form it will take (book, DVD, etc

To the o.p. This has already been done. Rock Warriors Way by Arno. It works wonders and he also has a forum here. You are too late in the game. You want to keep your info hush hush and not share anything, where as he openly discusses his techniques. Good luck.

(This post was edited by time2clmb on May 27, 2009, 3:11 PM)

jt512

May 27, 2009, 3:23 PM
Post #22 of 61 (5292 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

paborden wrote:
Yeah, it's true, I'm not giving you any reason to. I totally get that my promises ring hollow right now and that someone not willing to discuss methodology in detail isn't taken seriously. That said, this is a public forum, and rc.com at that, so I'm not willing to go into depth here.

Why, because someone might duplicate your combination of hypnosis and Tibetan meditation, and take it to market first? You're a fucking joke.

Jay

paborden

May 27, 2009, 3:41 PM
Post #23 of 61 (5275 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jt512] Interested in climbing harder? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

*sigh*

JT, I already sent you a PM saying I'd answer any questions you have in private. No need to be so angry about things.

rockostronghold

May 27, 2009, 3:59 PM
Post #24 of 61 (5254 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

paborden wrote:

I’d say it was a placebo suppository….. and for all the good it did I may as well shoved it up my ass.

apeman_e

May 27, 2009, 4:00 PM
Post #25 of 61 (5251 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

paborden wrote:
So, those who are curious, and who are willing to take a risk have PMed me. Those who want proof now are waiting. It really is that simple.

Dude, come on, no one PMed you.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook