First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

MikeSaint

Aug 11, 2009, 9:42 PM
Post #176 of 206 (4749 views)
Shortcut

Mother of God [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You people sure this has nothing to do with race?

rockandlice

Aug 11, 2009, 11:16 PM
Post #177 of 206 (4729 views)
Shortcut

Re: [MikeSaint] Mother of God [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

MikeSaint wrote:

What do you mean "You People"!!!????

knieveltech

Aug 11, 2009, 11:16 PM
Post #178 of 206 (4728 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

MikeSaint wrote:

Hush up, cracker,

bill413

Aug 12, 2009, 12:52 PM
Post #179 of 206 (4690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

MikeSaint wrote:

Racing? You mean speed climbing?

dorienc

Aug 19, 2009, 1:39 AM
Post #180 of 206 (4631 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tigerlilly] The n00bs must be culled [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tigerlilly wrote:
Ha! You'll never get rid of us, you elitest pigs! We're going to multiply like rabbits and take over every half decent line on the planet, even though we can't climb them. We'll sport our Patagucci clothes, harnesses with 16 gear loops (and one biner), and force our feet into the most expensive shoes we can find because.....because we can! And we think it makes us look like the cool kids. Beware! The nOObs are here to stay!

Bwwwaaaahhahahahahaha!

Kathy Wink

I'm with you, Tiger! n00bs rule! (I can hang with you cool n00bs, right?) Uh, I only have 1 gear loop, but 16 biners hanging from it. And have most of my rack jangling on the outside of my Dumpster to show I'm A Climber. That's the correct way, right?

snoopy138

Aug 19, 2009, 2:38 AM
Post #181 of 206 (4611 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] :D [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
bumping this classic.

Nice to see the late P_T on the first page there.

bsyed

Aug 19, 2009, 3:04 AM
Post #182 of 206 (4603 views)
Shortcut

Re: [the_leech] The n00bs must be culled [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Its a matter of proper education, if maybe you take the time to climb with the n00bs more, get them involved in the community and start them on proper courses we wouldnt have these problems, espcially ones regarding safety.

The "n00bs" are the future of climbing after you dead and gone, teach them properly.

sungam

Aug 19, 2009, 3:13 AM
Post #183 of 206 (4596 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

CI, I want you to know that in the highly unlikely case that I find myself at your place of residence, I'm going to take a massi dump in your toilet cistern, so your house stinks and every time you flush shit water comes out.
Best of luck.

caughtinside

Aug 19, 2009, 3:17 AM
Post #184 of 206 (4594 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] :D [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
CI, I want you to know that in the highly unlikely case that I find myself at your place of residence, I'm going to take a massi dump in your toilet cistern, so your house stinks and every time you flush shit water comes out.
Best of luck.

cistern? are you from scotland or something? We call that Top Shelfing in America you poor bastard!

My taint tingles with fear.

sungam

Aug 19, 2009, 3:25 AM
Post #185 of 206 (4587 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
sungam wrote:
Best of luck.

cistern? are you from scotland or something? We call that Top Shelfing in America you poor bastard!

We call it upper decking, but I wanted to be more descriptive, I thought it would make it more drawn out and scary sounding...

caughtinside

Aug 19, 2009, 3:27 AM
Post #186 of 206 (4585 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
sungam wrote:
Best of luck.

We call it upper decking, but I wanted to be more descriptive, I thought it would make it more drawn out and scary sounding...

when you say cistern you sound like an old woman with a cockney accent. I fear you not old crone!

jt512

Aug 19, 2009, 3:38 AM
Post #187 of 206 (4575 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bsyed] The n00bs must be culled [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bsyed wrote:
The "n00bs" are the future of climbing after you dead and gone....

Then that's their problem.

Jay

sungam

Aug 19, 2009, 3:54 AM
Post #188 of 206 (4564 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
sungam wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
sungam wrote:
Best of luck.

when you say cistern you sound like an old woman with a cockney accent. I fear you not old crone!
DAMNZ!
Now to quickly make an image to make CI look like a fewl!

Partner dominic7

Aug 19, 2009, 3:57 AM
Post #189 of 206 (4559 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Power_Tie] The n00bs must be culled [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Power_Tie wrote:
wow, what a very poor and dangerous attitude you have. I hope you get help for that.

Ha! Power_Tie!

the_leech

Aug 19, 2009, 5:22 AM
Post #190 of 206 (4540 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
sungam wrote:
Best of luck.

"Upper decking" for sure. That's what I always called it here in the U.S. "Top shelfing" sounds like something a Brit would say, even though I think CI is from SoCal.

And thanks for the props, CI. I almost forgot about this thread. Reading through all those ignorant and misguided responses makes me want to start writing again. There's a lot I could teach these people, if only they would listen.

rainman0915

Aug 19, 2009, 5:25 AM
Post #191 of 206 (4539 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138

Aug 19, 2009, 4:26 PM
Post #192 of 206 (4502 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dominic7] The n00bs must be culled [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dominic7 wrote:
Power_Tie wrote:
wow, what a very poor and dangerous attitude you have. I hope you get help for that.

Ha! Power_Tie!

Ha! GUd!

climbingtrash

Aug 14, 2011, 3:27 AM
Post #193 of 206 (4365 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] The n00bs must be culled [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ah haven't been back to this gem in a while. Let's give it a bump shall we.

Partner philbox

Aug 14, 2011, 8:46 AM
Post #194 of 206 (4318 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbingtrash] The n00bs must be culled [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Moved to scumunity.

climbingtrash

Aug 14, 2011, 3:46 PM
Post #195 of 206 (4300 views)
Shortcut

Re: [philbox] The n00bs must be culled [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

philbox wrote:
Moved to scumunity.

and rightly so

ecade

Sep 1, 2011, 6:14 PM
Post #196 of 206 (4214 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Just out of curiousity,

were you born knowing how to climb, how to place pro, how to build anchors, how to clip fixed pro, etc...?

If so you are an anomoly not the norm. you were a N00B Never forget that, when people speak of climbers as being illogical fools, I think they are speaking of your kind.

Oh so many great ways to refute your point and show how illogical your post is, it would be infuriating if it were not for that your existence is most likely insignificant to anyone elses hence your angst against what you once were, what everyone on this forum once was, because no one is the anomaly, everyone had to learn somewhere somehow.

I promise you this:
Someone some 8 years ago took me climbing, was the best thing they ever did for me, when I asked how I can pay them back for it, I was told to pay it forward and I have done my best to do this ever since. I have invested time and money to learn this sport and I have done my best to learn everything i can from others, but i am most certainly still learning. There is a safe way to help NOOBs, and a way to do it with class such that you still have your climbs and they have theirs. If you do it right, you will find it works, why? because a good teacher is able to impart logical reasons for why certain crags are for example beyond the abilities of a n00b and why they should be avoided by n00bs.

Perhaps its your location, but where I am we don't have a lot of rock but we have areas where N00Bs feel comfortable, areas where hardcores are at home and places in the middle for persons like me. And i live in ONTARIO!!! So you have to have better climbing than me unless you live in Nebraska or Saskatchewan.

Perhaps you just can't climb as well as noobs, and as such have to climb the same routes as noobs, perhaps you were just pissed for some reason when you wrote this. Either way, know that I am an enemy of your philosophy, your nemesis, I have a fair bit of time and money and I will continue to use my resources to challenge your mentality and help n00bs.

Everyone who wants to, should be given the opportunity to climb. Who knows its a personal sport but what I know is what it did for me, and how I could ever deny another human being that same life changing opportunity is evil, pure and utter greedy evil.

May you one day learn to smile from within and find a love for everyone and everything, until then Safe Climbing and when that happens, I know yo uwill have Happy Climbing.

Cheers

dr_feelgood

Sep 1, 2011, 7:21 PM
Post #197 of 206 (4206 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ecade] The n00bs must be culled [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ecade wrote:
Just out of curiousity,

were you born knowing how to climb, how to place pro, how to build anchors, how to clip fixed pro, etc...?

If so you are an anomoly not the norm. you were a N00B Never forget that, when people speak of climbers as being illogical fools, I think they are speaking of your kind.

Oh so many great ways to refute your point and show how illogical your post is, it would be infuriating if it were not for that your existence is most likely insignificant to anyone elses hence your angst against what you once were, what everyone on this forum once was, because no one is the anomaly, everyone had to learn somewhere somehow.

I promise you this:
Someone some 8 years ago took me climbing, was the best thing they ever did for me, when I asked how I can pay them back for it, I was told to pay it forward and I have done my best to do this ever since. I have invested time and money to learn this sport and I have done my best to learn everything i can from others, but i am most certainly still learning. There is a safe way to help NOOBs, and a way to do it with class such that you still have your climbs and they have theirs. If you do it right, you will find it works, why? because a good teacher is able to impart logical reasons for why certain crags are for example beyond the abilities of a n00b and why they should be avoided by n00bs.

Perhaps its your location, but where I am we don't have a lot of rock but we have areas where N00Bs feel comfortable, areas where hardcores are at home and places in the middle for persons like me. And i live in ONTARIO!!! So you have to have better climbing than me unless you live in Nebraska or Saskatchewan.

Perhaps you just can't climb as well as noobs, and as such have to climb the same routes as noobs, perhaps you were just pissed for some reason when you wrote this. Either way, know that I am an enemy of your philosophy, your nemesis, I have a fair bit of time and money and I will continue to use my resources to challenge your mentality and help n00bs.

Everyone who wants to, should be given the opportunity to climb. Who knows its a personal sport but what I know is what it did for me, and how I could ever deny another human being that same life changing opportunity is evil, pure and utter greedy evil.

May you one day learn to smile from within and find a love for everyone and everything, until then Safe Climbing and when that happens, I know yo uwill have Happy Climbing.

Cheers

chill out and do a beer, man

Diphthong

Sep 1, 2011, 7:57 PM
Post #198 of 206 (4195 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ecade wrote:
Someone some 8 years ago took me climbing...

I have invested time and money to learn this sport and I have done my best to learn everything i can from others, but i am most certainly still learning.

I believe that is what they call a Poor ROI.
Attachments: noob.JPG (32.9 KB)

ecade

Sep 1, 2011, 8:44 PM
Post #199 of 206 (4189 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Diphthong] The n00bs must be culled [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If you wish me to defend myself from you, I won't, I will only say that I have only recently started leading and I never recorded top rope ascents because I never took my 8 years of top roping seriously, it was only the past ~6months of leading that I list.

If you wish me to go on the offensive against you, I won't

I will only say that the sport is personal and for me, I'm proud of my log, it does require a few updates but eh, as said above I have no need to really defend myself and so I will not update it. But you've given me that extra bit of fuel and I now am more excited than a fewinutes ago for my weekend trip and after that, whether or not I climb well or not, I'll still be proud of whatever i do.

Enjoy your long weekend and call me all the names you like, i am a stubborn ass who will do, as always, as he see's right.

K couldnt help myself, one thing somewhat on the offensive i will say:
Having reviewed your ascent log, you are clearly G-Ds gift to climbing, please advise the ground you walk on so I may worship it. One ascent, onsight 5.12! Congrats.

Diphthong

Sep 1, 2011, 8:56 PM
Post #200 of 206 (4185 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ecade wrote:
If you wish me to defend myself from you, I won't, I will only say that I have only recently started leading and I never recorded top rope ascents because I never took my 8 years of top roping seriously, it was only the past ~6months of leading that I list.

If you wish me to go on the offensive against you, I won't

I will only say that the sport is personal and for me, I'm proud of my log, it does require a few updates but eh, as said above I have no need to really defend myself and so I will not update it. But you've given me that extra bit of fuel and I now am more excited than a fewinutes ago for my weekend trip and after that, whether or not I climb well or not, I'll still be proud of whatever i do.

Enjoy your long weekend and call me all the names you like, i am a stubborn ass who will do, as always, as he see's right.

K couldnt help myself, one thing somewhat on the offensive i will say:
Having reviewed your ascent log, you are clearly G-Ds gift to climbing, please advise the ground you walk on so I may worship it. One ascent, onsight 5.12! Congrats.

You're French Canadian, aren't you.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook